These cookies are sinfully delicious, yet healthy, and ready in 25 minutes! I’ve adapted this recipe from my favourite prenatal cookbook “Healthy Eating During Pregnancy“, using all-natural peanut butter and egg whites, and substituting in whole wheat flour. You don’t have to be pregnant to enjoy these treats! Makes 40 cookies.
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a silicone spatula or electric mixer to combine all ingredients (adding rolled oats last).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press down each ball slightly to flatten.
- Bake in oven for 7 to 8 minutes, or until edges are golden. Rotate cookie sheets half way through cooking time.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Image: Plat via Flickr