These cookies are great because they combine the decadence of chocolate with the goodness of kale. Every member of your family will enjoy these healthy, yummy treats!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped kale
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together.
- Purée applesauce and kale together in a food processor until smooth.
- Beat sugar, butter, egg white, and vanilla together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir kale mixture, vegetable oil, and honey into creamed butter mixture. Stir flour mixture into kale mixture until dough is just mixed; fold in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated until edges are slightly hardened, 10 to 12 minutes.
Image: Kimberly Vardeman via FlickrFollow me!